In contact lens world we have a good option for presbyopia people or who are using bifocal glass, that is multifocal contact lens which helps to correct presbyopia by providing vision correction for both distance and near. It has multiple power on a single lens help to see clear at different range of distance.
One lens with multiple power which is best option for correction of presbyopia is a gradual loss of near vision due to age which is very common at 40’s.
Choosing of Multifocal Contacts:
Do not buy this contact lens by online always ask your eye doctor or optometrist, give information about your life activity, hobbies, your glass prescription and then go for the options which are good and suitable for you.
The options are: In past may now also people are suggested to wear contact lens for distance and use reading glass for near.
- Monovision, is easier to acceptable which allows one eye to wear distance correction lens, for other eye near correction lens, but depth of perception will compromise.
- Bifocal contact lens has a thin line which divide far and near power, multifocal contact lens has gradual power distribution from far to near.
- One lens with multiple power which is best option for correction of presbyopia is a gradual loss of near vision due to age is very common at the age of 40.
- Aware of multifocal contact lens option to all presbyopia person so they may have all options like bifocal glass, progressive glass and contact lens.
- We can suggest glass for near and contact lens for distance power. Motivate the person to try for few hours like 3 to 4 hrs for habits, also suggest daily disposable who use contacts for hardly 2 to 3 days in a week. For unmotivated patient can suggest trail lens to get their confidence.
- Always let them know to about minimum expectation that your eye is not like it was at the age of 15yrs old. Try spherical equivalent, place it on trail frame as much as spherical power possible, place +2 D alternately one by one ask patient which is clearer in near on non-dominant eye without disturbing distance vision. 80 percent of patients may happy and 20 percent of patient may not this is normal psychology.